(NWO) A New World Order
Welcome To The New World Order. Credentials Please.

NOOB GUIDE - Comprehensive Mod Guide!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOOB GUIDE - Comprehensive Mod Guide!

Post by Panzersmash on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:48 pm

So many people have been joining the server lately and have been flooding the chat with "how do I [insert random act here]?"

While I don't mind helping new players, it can be a tad overwhelming when there are people constantly in need of assistance and half the people you help end up quitting the server or quitting rust the next day. With that being said, I decided to type up a "noob guide" to quickly reference people to pretty much all the information they need to know to get started on the server with our current modset.

*THIS IS NOT A "TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY THE GAME" GUIDE - IT'S TO TEACH PLAYERS WHO KNOW THE BASICS HOW TO USE THE MODS ON THE SERVER*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HuntRPG MOD - HOW TO

One of the main thing people want to know is how to use the HuntRPG mod and what the skills are that are currently available since the "/hunt skilllist" is currently bugs and shows nothing.

The current skills are as follows:
Lumberjack = Increased wood from trees per hit. 20/20 max, 1 skill point per rank up.
Miner = Increased ore/stone from Rocks per hit. 20/20 max, 1 skill point per rank up.
Hunter = Increased supplies from animals per hit. 20/20 max, 1 skill point per rank up.
Blacksmith = Increased smelting speed for furnaces that YOU crafted. 5/5 max, 7 skill points per rank up.
Tamer = lets you tame animals based on what level of tamer you are, not recommended. 5/5 max, 7 skill points per rank up.
Researcher = Lets you research items in inventory, no longer needed due to research tables. 5/5 max, 7 skill points per rank up.

*I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend maxing Lumberjack, Miner, and then Blacksmith FIRST*

You can put points into these skills by typing:
/h skillset skillname #
So for instance, to rank up lumberjack one point, i'd type:
/h skillset lumberjack 1

To check how many skill points you have, type:
/hunt profile
Or you can simply type:
/h p

Bringing up your hunt profile will show you how much of each stat you have, as well what skills you currently have ranked up. It also shows you how many skill points and stat points you have, your current exp, your level, and how much block/evasion/craftingreduction you have.

Example:

So now lets talk about Stats.
There are THREE stats in the game with the HuntRPG mod: Strength, Agility, and Intellect.

Strength = Damage block (reduced damage taken, doesn't appear to work in pvp but works against animals, falling damage, etc.)
Agility = Dodge chance (seemingly works against melee attacks, and animals, and MAY work against bullets. Can't confirm as of yet.)
Intellect = Crafting time reduction.

That just about covers the HuntRPG mod.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TELEPORTING TO FRIENDS - SETTING A HOME LOCATION

Now lets talk about the teleport mod that's included in Oxide (I think?).

You can teleport to your friends ONCE per 10 minutes or so (maybe 15 minutes?).
To do this, you have to send a TP request. Simply send this to the person you want to teleport to:
/tpr playername

If they want you to teleport to them, they'll accept, they will in return type:
/tpa

You can also set a "home" which you can teleport to about as often as you can teleport to other players.
To do this, you need to set a home on a foundation YOU created by typing:
/sethome nameyourhome

So for example, if I wanted to set a home and call it "base" I'd type:
/sethome base
WHILE standing on the foundation that I created.

That just about covers how to tp and set your home location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHOP & BANK

One of the other common things people frequently ask about is the Shop & Bank mod we have.

To sell an item, type:
/sell "Item name" #
For instance, if I wanted to sell 10,000 stones I'd type:
/sell "stones" 10000

To buy an item, type:
/buy "item name" #
So if I wanted to buy 10,000 wood, I'd type:
/buy "wood" 10000

To see what is available to sell/buy and how much it costs/sells for, type:
/bsl page#

*Currently 11 pages of buyable/sellable goods*

So if I wanted to see page #1, I'd type:
/bsl 1

Now all this stuff isn't free, and THINGS HAVE DIFFERENT COSTS AND SELL FOR DIFFERENT PRICES.

So you need money right? Well you can get money by selling things in game. Then you can use the money to buy things you need.

To see how much money you have in your BANK, type:
/bb
*tip* bb stands for "Bank Balance* might help you remember the command.

To see how much money you're CURRENTLY CARRYING, type:
/balance

Carrying too much money on you can be DANGEROUS. You lose a chunk of however much money you had on you, when you're killed. Money in your bank account is SAFE from this penalty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLOSING STATEMENT - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

A LOT of this information can be found in-game with the HELP command.
/help

However, since the mods frequently go out of date because of weekly patches etc.... this is a guide to help you keep up with missing information.

Here is most of the help command, for future reference incase of incident where it is not accessible in game:

I hope this guide helps anyone new to the server! Have fun and don't get killed. Wink
Panzersmash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOOB GUIDE - Comprehensive Mod Guide!

Post by DJThorTX on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Thanks Panzer
DJThorTX
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzersmash on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:28 pm

You're welcome! Hopefully people find it useful. Smile
Panzersmash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CSFayt on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:31 am

Awesome little guide, panzer. I think it'll be a great help.

Also can confirm that Dodge works for dodging bullets, heh.

And I believe you have a finite number of teleports back to your "home" ? I think it's 15 times every 24 hours? or maybe I'm just misled about that or it's changed, don't know for sure.
CSFayt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top