(NWO) A New World Order
Welcome To The New World Order. Credentials Please.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

(NWO) A New World Order
Welcome To The New World Order. Credentials Please.
(NWO) A New World Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Admin Addition???

2 posters

Go down

Another Admin Addition???  Empty Another Admin Addition???

Post by Panzersmash Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Okay so, I think we need a new admin.

I know you're busy with work DJThorTX, and Gryplyp hasn't been on nearly as much as he used to be. In the meanwhile, bases are being /removed and we have seen a couple aimbotters (2 of which were vac banned before causing too much trouble, thank god). We've also seen bugs like /kit not working for new spawns, etc.

I think there needs to be a new admin on the server who can be on most of the time when the other admins are not. I'm not suggesting myself (Because I dont want to be accused of admin abuse for my giant base or for how big it will eventually become), but rather nominate Floatmeal for the position. He's one of the people most interested in watching the server grow, and is online a lot. He's been generally unhappy with how many people we lose lately because of bugs/removed homes and wants to help remedy that.

He's agreed to take a neutral standpoint when it comes to playing as well. To prevent any unrest amongst the player base.

What do you guys think?
Panzersmash
Panzersmash

Back to top Go down

Another Admin Addition???  Empty Re: Another Admin Addition???

Post by DJThorTX Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Not ruling that out, but kits not working has nothing to do with us. I update plugins as soon as an update is dropped, and i do mean as soon as they are dropped i have email sent when any of our plugins are updated. If a plugin isnt working correctly right now its because of the actual plugin dev not supporting their plugin. in which case if it gets to bad I have to uninstall. Thats what i had to do with running man and the radiation timer, they were causing mem leaks and with face punches leaks caused the server to run out of mem in a day. Thats not as much of a problem now that I have removed, fp found some of their leaks and the server is beefed up. I am not opposed to having another admin but will need to talk with them and get a general approval from our community. Gryp started a new job and is adjusting schedules but he is still around and will help when he can. I too would like to see the server grow again. My whole reason for having this server was to give people a fair server to play on where admins didnt abuse things, so I am leary to just handing keys over to just anyone. I have had a server now for almost 2 years. When i started playing rust bounced around from server to server because admins were asshats and helping their friends with mats and other bs. So I said fuck em going to put a server up where the admin doesnt do that shit. And as everyone who has been here they know that i dont really raid or do anything but build shit for the server. I do like to kill sleeping beachers but thats because any self respecting newman would find a bush. I will think about adding one or 2 more admins to help, just understand why I am hesitant I hate admin abuse.
DJThorTX
DJThorTX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzersmash Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:31 pm

I completely understand.

Also, I wasnt saying the kit plugin was your fault. Just simply meant that we sometimes need admins to compensate for it not working for new players by giving them what the kit does, etc. That way they dont thing the server sucks or doesn't deliver on what it promises in the title.

Had a couple people complaining that tamer is no longer in the skilllist for Hunt but is still listed on the server as "pets." I wasn't sure if you knew or not.

I love your server though, and everything you do for it considering your lack of free time. A couple of us just wish that we could have another admin added to the server who is more active to make sure the small things (bugs, disputes, questions, etc) are taken care of before they pile up. I feel like those things end up driving new players away.

It doesn't have to be Floatmeal, but I feel we need someone who plays everyday for more than just a couple hours.
Panzersmash
Panzersmash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down